Florida State University's web content management system (WCMS) makes it easy to create and maintain mobile-first, brand-approved websites. All sites are secure and are cloud-hosted for stability during local outages. The university WCMS, powered by Drupal and hosted by Acquia, offers a quick and simple editing experience while still delivering a host of features and functionality. From customizable forms to social media integration, the WCMS helps university departments build modern, feature-rich websites that enhance FSU’s online presence.
- Mobile-first design | makes websites easy to read and navigate across a wide range of devices
- Branded templates | create a more polished and consistent look across FSU's web presence
- WYSIWYG display | allows people with little or no experience to build and maintain professional websites
- Inline editing | quickly and easily edit content directly on any webpage with the pop-up editing toolbar
- Customizable forms | collect input on customer feedback and more
- FSU Domain | use your unitname.fsu.edu domain name to increase the credibility of your site
- Benefits of Using a Centralized WCMS
- Resources for Webmasters
- Publish Your Website
Once you have uploaded all your content and everything looks good to go, ITS Web Services will help you publish your website.
- University Communications Branding
Branding examples that the ITS WCMS can help you design
- FSU Sites Using WCMS
- FSU Drupal WCMS Reference
- Domain names and standards
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
If you are creating a new website, work with University Communications to select a tactical and brand-approved domain name. Domain name guidelines and instructions are available here: https://unicomm.fsu.edu/brand/domain-name-guidelines/
Request a test site
Websites for student organizations can be obtained via Nole Central.
University Communications maintains a web style guide with tons of additional branded content and copy-and-paste code for various website elements such as typography, tables, banners and image galleries.
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.