Microsoft Teams is an online team workspace and collaboration tool. It brings together several Microsoft apps in one location, so your team has easy access to all the tools they need to work effectively and perform at their peak. Share files, edit documents, take notes, schedule meetings, chat with the group ... Teams organizes everything in one place to create a dedicated hub for teamwork.
- Office 365 integration | built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive and more
- Real-time collaboration | share your screen or edit and send files directly in the app
- Persistent chat | ongoing stream of team, small group and one-on-one conversations
- Video calling | join audio and video calls with the click of a button
- Mobile access | accessible via desktop, web browser or mobile device
Teams is available on Mac, PC and mobile devices.
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
- To use Microsoft Teams without the client, visit teams.microsoft.com and sign in with your FSUID
- Microsoft is frequently adding features and improvements to Teams. To see a chronological listing of these improvements, take a look at What’s new in Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft is retiring Skype for Business on July 31, 2021, after which it will no longer be accessible or supported. ITS is upgrading all users to Microsoft Teams by December 17, 2020.
- To browse topics and FAQs within Microsoft Teams, select the Help icon and choose Browse topics
For help with learning how to use Teams, navigate to the Microsoft Teams Help Center
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.