Any device on the FSU network can be vulnerable to threats when connected to the internet. Even with patching, updating, antivirus and anti-malware software, holes can still appear to allow unauthorized access to workstations, servers, routers and mobile devices. To help identify these gaps, departments have access to a vulnerability scanner to perform their own on-demand or scheduled scans. The vulnerability scanner, powered by InsightVM, performs monthly scans of devices and recommends fixes.
- Vulnerability scanning | proactively identify any holes or weaknesses within a system before a threat occurs
- Recommendations | get a report of industry best practice recommendations to fix vulnerabilities
- On-demand scans | scans can be scheduled or performed on-demand when you need them
There is no charge for this service.
- How can I create a secure password that I can remember?
- How can I protect my computer from viruses and malware?
- How can I tell if an email or phone call is a phishing attempt?
- How do I clean a computer before it is transferred to another department or to Surplus?
- How do I encrypt a Microsoft Office document?