Need a website for a research lab or group project? ITS offers web hosting for FSU departments and individuals looking to launch a personal website. Students, faculty and staff can create a website or blog at no cost using the web editor of their choice. These sites can be used for professional or personal use, such as publishing research lab findings or creating an online portfolio. Each site has an “fsu.edu” URL and is totally customizable to your needs.
- No charge | sites available free of charge to active FSU students, faculty and staff
- Easy editing | create and edit your website using your preferred web editor on your computer
- Personal sites | individual websites for students, faculty and staff are hosted at myweb.fsu.edu/YOURFSUID
- Departmental URLs | departmental websites that utilize WebDAV site hosting have a URL in the form of departmentname.fsu.edu
- Linux-hosted | WebDAV websites are hosted on Linux servers using Apache
If your student organization needs a website, websites for student organizations can be obtained via Nole Central.
You must have a web editor on your computer for creating HTML web pages.
There is no charge for this service.
Requesting Departmental Sites:
Please request this service with the following information:
- Provide the following information:
- Departmental domain name for the requested site (i.e. departmentname.fsu.edu).
- List of people (by FSUID) who should have access to edit the department website.
Requesting Individual Sites:
Requesting individual sites for all students within a class:
- Details: Provide the following information:
- Submit a list of all FSUID usernames for students in the class
Once your requested WebDAV site has been created you will use your FSUID username and password to access the site. You will use the WebDAV URL when you set up your connection to WebDAV. The WebDAV URL will be something like:
- Departments: "https://webdav.fsu.edu/deptName"
- Individuals: "https://mywebdav.fsu.edu/yourFSUID"
You can set up WebDAV access from your web editing program (such as Dreamweaver) or directly (on Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X).
Information on clients and instructions for configuration can be found under Guides on the Support section of this page.
- You can NOT modify and change your files using WebDAV through a web browser (such Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.). You may be able to access your site using the WebDAV URL in your browser, but you will not be able to upload or edit any of your files that way.
- Your website can be visited or viewed using its non-WebDAV URL, which will be something like the following:
- Departments: "http://department.fsu.edu"
- Individuals: "http://myweb.fsu.edu/yourFSUID"
- The URL for viewing is http:// while the URL for webdav editing is https://
Client configuration instructions:
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.