Say goodbye to ugly URLs. FSU offers a free URL shortening service that turns long URLs into short, easy-to-remember links. The service can take any official fsu.edu webpage and shorten it to an fla.st link. Perfect for marketing campaigns and print materials, short links are easy to recognize and remember and can even be customized for events and programs.
- FSU branding | create immediate brand recognition and trust with fla.st links
- Keyword URLs | customize any URL with keywords to make webpages easy to remember
- Secure links | all links are encrypted with HTTPS to keep content safe
- Easy to use | simply copy and paste a URL to generate a shortened, fla.st link by clicking the link below
A keyword URL is a custom fla,st URL (e.g. fla.st/ugs-ASK) that can be easily remembered and recognized for a department. Keyword URLs within a department should have the dept-keyword pattern. Keyword URLs will be made by ITS Web Services and University Communications using the guidelines below:
- Many requests will follow the standard of fla.st/dept-keyword to allow them to adhere to guidelines above.
- Is intuitive and accurately describes a unit's affiliation with Florida State
- Reflects the nature or purpose of the website
- Is short and memorable
- Does not cause confusion with the name of another university unit or service
- Is not generic to the entire university (e.g. fla.st/Halloween)
- Is approved by the requisition unit's dean or director
There is no charge for this service.
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.