FSU departments and organizations may request the creation of a shared email address. Known as generic email accounts, these shared addresses can be accessed by multiple users. These accounts are perfect for representing a department, work group or project team across campus, with multiple team members able to receive and respond to incoming messages.
- Easily accessible | can be accessed by multiple users via a security group
- Customizable | can be customized with or without branding to represent something that represents a campus organization or department mailbox
- Shared calendar | stay on track with team goals and events with a shared calendar that integrates with personal Outlook calendars
- Password control | the mailbox password does not need to be shared with multiple users for them to gain access
- Shared inbox | the entire team can monitor incoming messages simultaneously
There is no charge for this service.
Departmental email administrators can request a new resource calendar by requesting the service.
Note: Please identify the user or group of users who will be managing this resource, so they can be granted full access permissions to edit any scheduling options.
Items needed for the support request
- Account Description | include a short description for the purpose of the account
- Department | include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation
- User Login Name | anything other than COLL-RequestedName, DEPT-RequestedName or ORG-RequestedName will need branding approval
- Display Name | the name that is both displayed in the Global Address List and on an email when sending messages, by default the user logon name is used
- Account Manager | the person who will oversee the account as the technical manager of the generic mailbox
- Group Membership | list any security groups for which this account will need to be a member of