Stop cyberattacks before they happen with the ITS computer protection and threat response service. This robust defense suite protects FSU-owned desktops and laptops against malware, ransomware and cryptoware and delivers the most advanced endpoint protection available. The service detects and investigates prominent security threats, identifies local attacks and provides remediation guidance through patching, configuration settings and other activities. Computer protection and threat response works in tandem with existing firewalls, antivirus, antimalware and other security applications to provide comprehensive coverage. The service responds to security threats across the FSU network, eliminating device silos and strengthening the overall cybersecurity posture of the university.
- Multi-system compatible | Available for Windows and Mac operating systems
- Real-time detection | Discover vulnerabilities and remediate threats in minutes
- Transparent | Does not affect performance of devices once configured
- Centralized management | Runs on networked computers or standalone machines
- Best practice | Widely accepted cybersecurity best practice and requirement of cyber insurance companies
Installation and onboarding desktops and laptops require various considerations that need to be discussed with ITS. Here's an overview of Enterptrise Computer Protection and Threat Response at FSU.
Additional information can be obtained on the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint documentation webpage.
There is no charge for the desktop and laptop service.
Please refer to the “Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.