One sign in. Dozens of applications. Thousands of possibilities. Microsoft Active Directory provides users with single sign-on access to Microsoft programs and other applications available through FSU. The service stores and retrieves data about users, groups, computers, printers, resources and more. Individuals might encounter Active Directory when they sign in to a campus workstation or specific department application.
- Authenticated access | password-protected access to all Microsoft applications
- Security-focused | modern authentication standards such as Kerberos and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Tightly integrated | meets published internet standards such as LDAP and DNS for easy third-party integrations
- Queryable | easily able to locate objects by querying properties
- Reliable | able to replicate entire directory at separate location for redundancy
Websites and applications must support TLS version 1.2.
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
A Data Access Request must be completed and will be routed for approval as needed to HR, the Office of the University Registrar or ITS. ITS will provide the appropriate Data Access Request form during your department's implementation.
Please request this service with the following information in the case:
- Unit contact info
- Application name
- Application URL
ITS will send you a Data Access Request form that must be completed and will be routed for approval as needed to HR, Registrar and/or ISPO.