Creating a strong password is an essential step to protecting yourself online. Using long and complex passwords is one of the easiest ways to defend yourself from cybercrime.
Tips for creating a strong password:
- Use a long passphrase.
- Don’t make passwords easy to guess.
- Avoid using common words in your password.
- Keep your passwords on the down-low.
- Unique account, unique password.
- Double your login protection. Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) to ensure that the only person who has access to your account is you.
- Utilize a password manager to remember all your long passwords.