We're Hiring! Research Linux Systems Administrator
We're hiring a research systems administrator.
What you'll be doing
In this position, you will support computational research for diverse research areas, including bioinformatics, economics, meteorology, materials science, molecular biophysics, computer visualization, and other applications. Your responsibilities will include writing scripts, modifying source code, installing software, and developing databases.
In addition, you will be doing the following:
- Work cooperatively on various technical issues, from systems planning to support for advanced computational research. Systems planning may include topics such as researching the best and most practical solutions and requesting proposals for hardware and software solutions.
- Assist in managing the operation of all computer facilities in the organization.
- Assist with our deployment and configuration systems, software like Foreman, Katello, Puppet, and RHEL Satellite.
- Troubleshoot hardware and network problems.
- Mentor and train student workers assigned to system administration tasks.
What qualifications you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience (Note: or a post-high school education and experience equal to six years)
- System administrator experience with Linux or comparable Unix operating system.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, equipment diagrams, and specifications.
- Knowledge of computer operations, functions, and related peripherals
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures for computer support.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages, concepts, practices, and procedures within technology.
- Knowledge of information technology security measures.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement ways to improve the organization by taking risks to enhance the speed and organizational capacity to adapt, change and create.
- Advanced system administrator experience with the Linux operating system and the CentOS/Alma distribution.
- Experience with automated configuration tools such as Puppet.
- Experience with software deployment through software like Foreman, Katello, or RHEL Satellite.
- Experience with working in a team.