Research Technology Specialist Position Opening
The Research Computing Center at Florida State University seeks a curious and inquisitive person for a research technology specialist position. Work at the forefront of research computing with a small and diverse team on a beautiful campus in sunny Tallahassee, Florida. The research technology specialist will provide programming consultation, technical advice and troubleshooting support for researchers engaged with technology research across the university.
The position's responsibilities include:
- Providing specialized technical support through support tickets and email in an HPC and research computing context
- Conducting research consultations with faculty and students to develop, improve, facilitate and optimize their computational research workflows
- Compiling and installing new scientific software
- Assisting with development of RCC course programs, including giving presentations about installed software for faculty and students
Requirements and nice-to-haves:
- An excellent working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with parallel programming (e.g., OpenMP, MPI)
- Ability to research and keep abreast of developments in research computing and software development, including container deployment and cloud computing
- Experience with application development and scripting
- Prior experience using HPC workload managers (we use Slurm, however, any experience will be considered)
You can find more information about this position and apply at fla.st/HEZB3D9N.