2023 RCC software upgrade announcement
The Research Computing Center is planning an upgrade to the HPC software stack between December 3 and 7, 2023. As maintenance progresses, some services may come back online prior to December 7.
We are making the following changes to our software stack to increase stability, fix bugs, and enhance the usability of the HPC:
- Migrate from CentOS v8.3 to AlmaLinux v8.6
- Upgrade the Slurm scheduler from v20.11 to v23.02 (release notes)
- Possible package changes; we will publish more information as the project evolves.
This will give the RCC a better "jumping off" point for a future upgrade to AlmaLinux 9 in 2024.
The following services will be offline during the maintenance period.
- High Performance Computing Cluster (HPC)
- Open OnDemand
- Spear Nodes
Parallel Storage (GPFS) will continue to be available, but access through the HPC login nodes will be unavailable. Users will instead need to use the storage export node (export.rcc.fsu.edu).
The following services will be unaffected by the maintenance.
- Archival Storage
- Virtual Machines
- Data Center Services / Academic Colocation
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to the Research Computing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.