Purchasing a new computer? The Campus Software License Agreement (“Agreement”) provides essential software, licenses and services to the university via a one-time fee, charged to the same budget that paid for the new computer. The Agreement is a cost-effective way for departments to acquire services such as email, Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud... everything you need to get started without the need to individually procure essential software packages.
- Unlimited upgrades from Windows or Mac to the latest Windows operating system
- Compliance with Microsoft and Adobe software licensing requirements
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux and other operating systems
- Access to Microsoft and Adobe software for labs and classrooms
- Employee access to discounted Microsoft and other software for personal use
Computers must be purchased with a licensed Windows or Mac operating system to upgrade to a Windows operating system.
One-time charge of $235 per desktop or laptop.
To request an exemption from the fee for an iPad, Chromebook or Android tablet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request this Service
The fee is charged to the same budget the computer was purchased with on the month following the receipt of the device.
The following software and services are included in the Campus Software License Agreement:
- Desktop applications
- Office (including Access*, Excel, OneDrive, OneNote*, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher*, Word) *PC only
- Skype for Business client
- Microsoft operating system upgrades (requires Windows or macOS)
- System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager management license
- Mobile applications
- Office (including Excel, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Skype for Business
- Server applications
- Windows servers (Standard, Enterprise, DataCenter editions)
- Exchange server
- SharePoint server
- Skype for Business server
- Licenses and online services
- Enterprise Client Access Licenses (ECALs) to access server applications (faculty and staff)
- Standard Client Access Licenses (CALs) to access server applications (students)
- Office 365
- Classroom and lab additional software
- Windows Server
- Visual Studio Professional
- Windows Embedded
- SQL Server
Submit a support request with the following information:
- Category: IT Support Services
- Specialty Type: Software Licensing