Voicemail is a service available to each departmental phone line at no charge.
- Each user is given 100mb of storage for voicemail. This results in an average time of roughly 20 minutes of storage, with minor variance based on phone line and instrument type. When storage reaches capacity, users will receive a notification message upon calling into voicemail.
- Voicemail messages are retained for 45 days regardless if they are marked read or unread.
More storage can be made available for an additional cost. Please submit a Technology Support Request (TSR) for an estimate.
A full map of the voicemail menu navigation
A quick guide to access voicemail messages and services
If you have never set-up your mailbox, please perform the first time setup. The initial passcode for accessing voicemail is 6245
You will need to place an order (TSR) to activate voicemail on your line. Please include:
- Your phone number
- Your name
- The "0" attendant (in accordance with State Policy)
If you have forgotten your passcode or need to reset it for a new user, submit an order.
- Centrex Users: From your phone use either the message light button on your phone or dial 46245 & enter your password when prompted
- VoIP Users: Use the message light button on your phone & enter your password when prompted
- Centrex Users: Dial 644-6245. Press # when attendant answers, enter your 7 digit telephone number, enter your passcode & follow the prompts to listen to your messages
- VoIP Users: Dial 645-9999. Press the # sign when attendant answers, enter your 7 digit telephone number, enter your password, press #, then follow the prompts to listen to your messages
Calling Trees (Voicemail Trees)
On & Off Campus Access
If you have any information boxes within your tree, you may record announcements as updates are needed by dialing 645-9999 and entering the info box phone number provided upon creation of the tree & when prompted, your passcode. If any other announcements need to be updated, please enter an order with the new script.
If you have any questions regarding your voicemail or a voicemail tree please submit a case here and reference "voicemail" or "voicemail tree".