SharePoint Online is a cloud-based collaboration tool that makes it easy to create sites and share information with colleagues inside or outside of FSU. Cloud-based intranets create a hub where everyone can come together to get work done, making SharePoint Online an ideal solution for team or project collaboration. As part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, SharePoint Online integrates with other Office 365 apps, making it easy to store shared documents and collaborate with team members from anywhere—in the office, at home or on the go.
- Team-based collaboration | share sites, folders and documents with FSU colleagues and external teams
- Centralized repository | use document libraries to store and share files, lists, calendars and other data
- Communication tools | keep team members informed and on track with discussion boards, blogs and wikis
- Office 365 integration | access different tools via familiar Office 365 apps, such as OneDrive for Business
- Controlled access and permissions | regulate who can view and edit documents
- Search | use contextual search to easily find content based on relevance and relationships
- Anywhere access | access SharePoint Online from any device with an Internet connection
Who can use this service?
Current FSU faculty and staff
Access SharePoint Online
- Sign in to Office 365 with your FSUID and password: outlook.com/fsu.edu
- Click the app launcher icon in the top-left corner
- Select SharePoint Online
Request a SharePoint Online Site
To request a SharePoint Online site, submit a support request with the following information via the FSU Service Center.
- Category: IT Support Services
- Specialty Type: SharePoint
- Detail: Create new site
Use the resources found on the Office 365 training and tutorials page to get acquainted with SharePoint Online and start building your site.