Everyone makes mistakes. But with FSU’s email protection services, if you accidentally click a malicious link, you'll still be protected. Exchange Online Protection provides protection against spam and viruses. Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection provides enhanced protection against target attacks like phishing and ransomware. Used together, these services help shield university employees and FSU data from email attacks by blocking identified threats and stopping access to malicious files and sites—giving employees peace of mind that the attachments and websites they open are safe.
- Blocks millions of spam messages and email-borne viruses from ever reaching inboxes
- Provides ability to configure organization and domain level filtering rules
- Rewrites URLs to display a warning message if links are unsafe
- Uses static and dynamic techniques to detect the latest email threats
Departments must configure their MX records to point to the respective email protection service.
All @my.fsu.edu student email automatically routes through Proofpoint.
There is no charge for this service.
Request this Service
Email protection is automatically enabled on all ITS-provided email accounts using Office 365.
Attachment File Type Restrictions
The following file types are considered potentially dangerous and are blocked because they can contain executable programs or macros: .cmd, .exe, .scr
Visit the ITS knowledge base for a full list of restricted file types.
To report spam, phishing attempts and other malicious uses of IT resources at FSU, please forward the original email as an attachment to email@example.com.
Submit a support request with the following information:
- Category: Faculty/Staff Services
- Specialty Type: Office 365