Mass emails are official messages from Florida State University administration, colleges, departments and organizations that communicate information pertinent to the campus community. These messages, powered by Salesforce Marketing Cloud, often are sent from “Important Announcements” and can be sent university-wide or to targeted groups. All you need is some solid content and a catchy subject line, and ITS will help send your message to the appropriate group. Whether it’s an upcoming event, new service or change in university operations, mass emails can help you get the word out to the masses. Because let’s be honest … We all watch for that President’s Ice Cream Social email.
- Official communications | all messages require vice presidential approval
- Media-rich | include graphics, tables, buttons and more in formattable HTML emails
- Targeted audiences | query university databases for major, job title and more or upload custom audiences
- Insightful metrics | track message success with open rate and click throughs
- FSU-branded | modern templates branded with FSU colors, fonts and graphics
- All mass emails from Florida State University require approval from a university vice president.
- Mass emails also must contain the following statement at the beginning of the message indicating vice presidential approval: This message to [AUDIENCE] has been approved by [VP NAME], [TITLE].
There is no charge for this service.
To request a targeted mass email, please request this service with the following information in the case:
- Summary: Enter the mass email subject line
- Details: Provide the following information:
- The date and time of desired distribution
- The specific target audience for the message
- Any other relevant information
- Use Attach a File to provide:
- A Word file of the email message (see Additional Information for templates)
- Approval email from an FSU vice president
- Banner and other image files as necessary
- Excel spreadsheet with a list of EMPLIDs or email addresses as necessary, if the message is going to a custom group of recipients