FSU Dropbox is a file transfer service that makes it easy to share large documents, pictures, videos and more. Files up to 3GB in size can be uploaded and shared between associates at Florida State University. External contacts can also drop off files for FSU members. Rather than sending an email with large, cumbersome attachments, FSU Dropbox lets you temporarily make files available (up to 20 days) to one or more users in a secure and efficient manner. This works great if you're collaborating on a large presentation or graphic-heavy design files.
- Share large files | share files up to 3GB in size
- Multiple uploads | upload multiple files in a single drop off
- Read receipts | get notification when files you dropped off have been picked up or shared
- Share with anyone | share files with internal FSU students and employees and external users
- Private | encrypt your files with a password during drop-off to ensure only the receipient can view it
- Secure | files are scanned for viruses to protect the recipient
- Request a Dropoff | FSU users can request for someone to send them a file
Drop-Off a File
There are two ways to drop-off files. After you make the drop, an email with a link to the file(s) is sent to the recipient. If you repeatedly get an error message when you drop-off a file, you may need to use a faster Internet connection.
- Attach each file individually on the Drop-off page.
- Attach files in ZIP format on the Drop-off page.
Pick-Up a File
There are also two ways to pick-up files that have been dropped-off. All files must be picked up within 20 days.
- Click the link provided in the notification email.
- If you are an FSU user, sign in to the system and see a list of all drop-offs waiting for you.
There is no charge for this service.