Voice of the Community Quarterly Update – September 2020
ITS looks different than it did one year ago. We’ve realigned our organization to improve service delivery and amplify team synergies, deconstructed and reconstructed long-standing processes that no longer served their purpose, broken down barriers between us and the campus community and proved we could successfully support an entire remote workforce and academic environment.
This shift is due in large part to constructive feedback we received in the 2019 Voice of the Community campaign. Honest feedback from the campaign pushed us to transform our operations to better serve the FSU community. Over the past twelve months, we’ve strived to not only fix problems but also listen to frustrations. Not only deliver solutions, but also improve experiences. Not only provide support, but also work alongside campus partners to find mutually beneficial solutions.
Thank you for making this exciting journey with us as we transform into a more service-driven organization and more strategic partner for FSU. See where the road ahead leads us, follow our progress and share your recommendations for our journey by visiting the Voice of the Community webpage.
- Supported faculty members by distributing document cameras and other technology necessary for remote instruction and setting up classroom technology to accommodate for blended learning
- Provided Zoom training and troubleshooting support for faculty members
- Joined efforts with Facilities to install signage and arrange furniture to prep classrooms and promote social distancing during the Fall 2020 semester
- Worked with University Housing to bolster network service provided in quarantine dorms
- Created applications to support COVID-19 reporting and contact tracing
- Published a “TechList” listing technology requirements and resources to introduce incoming students to ITS and help them get set up with tech at FSU
- Worked with the Department of Student Support & Transitions to create online training module for myFSU Student Central system for virtual new student orientation sessions
- Published extended 18-month annual report highlighting ITS partnerships and accomplishments as well as goals for the year ahead
- Share weekly ITS stats, including wireless activity, support cases and key service usage with FSU Cabinet and stakeholders
- Hosted weekly meetings with deans, IT professionals and ITS staff to hear concerns and promote transparent communication
Contact & Process Confusion
- Moving all Research Computing Center support cases and ticketing into the new FSU support system, powered by
- Led discussions with IT professionals to discuss support procedures and identify ways to resolve current pain points
- Revamped delegate access interface to mirror system used by students and streamline shared transactions
- Provided remote assistance tool to university IT professionals to enable distributed, virtual IT support to campus departments
- Launched IT Pro Pass procedure for IT professionals to bypass tier 1 troubleshooting for quicker, more specialized support
- Launching improved myFSU Service Center that corresponds with the updated ITS service catalog for continuity of support process
- Partnering with Dirac Science Library to offer virtual technical training sessions
- Planning one-year follow-up Voice of Community survey to assess progress