Voice of the Community Quarterly Update – March 2020
The last several months have brought many changes for ITS and Florida State University. As the university shifts operations in response to COVID-19, we are especially grateful for the expanded partnerships and streamlined processes we have built over the last six months as a result of the Voice of the Community campaign. These actions have helped place us in the best position possible to adapt to and support current university operations.
Since our last quarterly update in December 2019, ITS has continued to make progress on initiatives identified in the Voice of the Community campaign, making strategic hires and organizational realignments, advancing enterprise-wide projects and introducing more key initiatives.
We are all on this journey together, and we welcome your feedback. Find out more and join in the conversation by visiting the Voice of the Community webpage.
- Coordinating daily email digest of university announcements related to COVID-19
- Serving as member of FSU Research Development Partners group
- Launched Zoom web conferencing tool for students, faculty and staff
- Created Focused Engagement in Student Success group
- Created Student and Business Application Services teams aligning development and planning to better support home offices
- Organized daily COVID-19 calls with IT professionals across campus
- Expanded audience of monthly ITS Tech Talk series to all campus IT professionals
- Replacing FSU mass communications tool with Marketing Cloud
- Developing cross-collaborative faculty newsletter with Office of Research, Faculty Development and Advancement, University Libraries and Office of Distance Learning
- Preparing ITS video for FSU online pre-orientation
- Delivered CIO presentations at campus partner meetings
Contact & Process Confusion
- Starting build phase for new Service Cloud customer service platform
- Forming structure of new ITS liaison program
- Hired new Chief Technology Officer position and created a new Shared Infrastructure organization
- Developing user-centered knowledge base
- Creating new ITS funding model for enterprise services
- Testing improved software graphical interface for Research Computing Center systems