Voice of the Community Quarterly Update – June 2020
One year ago when ITS embarked on our Voice of the Community campaign, we could not have imagined the countless challenges and opportunities we would face. Nevertheless, our intentional efforts to focus on improving our service delivery and aspiring to improve partnerships throughout the FSU community have remained constant.
Since our quarterly update in March, ITS has pivoted our operations to bring more than 50,000 students, faculty and staff online. Many of our services are seeing higher usage than ever before, and we are experiencing higher customer satisfaction and appreciation than ever before. None of these transitions would have come as easily if it hadn’t been for valuable input we received and adjustments we made as a result of the Voice of the Community campaign.
Though current operations look much different than they did a year ago, we are still forging ahead with improving the IT experience at FSU. Please visit the to keep up with our efforts and share your feedback on where you think we should go next, visit the Voice of the Community webpage.
- Increased ITS representation on campus committees and working groups in response to remote learning, teaching and working
- Collaborated with university departments to adjust grading, end-of-term dismissal and honors rules in response to COVID-19
- Provided access to Bomgar remote desktop support tool to customer bases across FSU to meet increase in demand for remote support options
- Formed workgroup with Office of Research, University Libraries and Office of Distance Learning to explore outreach opportunities with FSU researchers
- Established several webpages to share updates, training materials and other resources for major ITS projects
- Completed ITS pre-orientation video to introduce students to ITS resources before arriving on campus
- Increased communications with faculty community via Office of Research Development presentation and regular articles in Office of Faculty Development and Advancement semesterly newsletter
- Produced video of university leadership and colleagues commending ITS on support for remote operations
Contact & Process Confusion
- Started testing phase for new Service Cloud customer service platform
- Streamlining service request and problem intake methods
- Created PPM workgroup to define and standardize ITS project terminology and project artifacts
- Responded to increased need for automated forms and approvals
- Developing a knowledge base to enhance self-service options for customers and university IT support staff
- Preparing readiness workshops and training for release of new Service Cloud customer service platform
- Created IT Professionals Support workgroup to discuss opportunities and procedures for expedited, higher-tier support for IT professionals