Lynda.com upgrades to LinkedIn Learning
On July 16, Information Technology Services is upgrading all FSU Lynda.com accounts to LinkedIn Learning, giving you the same great content of Lynda.com in a more personalized platform. And, it’s still free to use for FSU students, faculty, staff and recent grads!
About LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning integrates online learning with professional networking to help you learn new skills trending in your profession and create connections beyond FSU. With LinkedIn Learning, you’ll experience the same things you love about Lynda.com.
- 13000+ online videos | the high-quality Lynda.com videos you know and love make up the core content of LinkedIn Learning
- Comprehensive data and progress | all your learning history and account data, including playlists (now called collections), transfer automatically to LinkedIn Learning
- Hands-on learning | quizzes, project files and coding windows let you practice what you learn
LinkedIn Learning also provides several new features.
- Personalized course recommendations | suggests relevant videos and courses based on the skills and jobs listed in your LinkedIn profile
- Social curation | search for trending content and seek out videos with the most likes
- Intelligent search | pre-populates the search field with top search terms to highlight in-demand courses
- Q&A | tag course instructors with questions and engage in dialogue with other learners
Activating Your LinkedIn Learning Account
After the upgrade, you will need to activate your LinkedIn Learning account either via the link in the activation email (sent on July 16) or by or by signing in to LinkedIn Learning at its.fsu.edu/LinkedInLearning.
The first time you sign in, you will be prompted to sync your LinkedIn social media profile. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, you will have the option to create one or continue on with a separate Learning account.
Accessing LinkedIn Learning
Once activated, users can sign in to LinkedIn Learning the following ways with their FSUID and password:
- Go to its.fsu.edu/LinkedInLearning and click Sign In
- Sign in to myFSU Portal and click Training & Development>LinkedIn Learning
- Use the LinkedIn Learning mobile app: Apple | Android
For more information about LinkedIn Learning at FSU, visit the LinkedIn Learning webpage.
For more information about the upgrade, visit the LinkedIn Learning website.
To learn your way around the new platform, watch the How to Use LinkedIn Learning video.