Implementation of Campus-wide Migration to a Unified Microsoft Exchange 2010
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce a significant change regarding email services to the University community. Campus-wide migration to a unified Microsoft Exchange 2010 platform is scheduled to be fully implemented over the upcoming winter break, beginning at 6PM on December 23, 2011. Please note that email services for ALL faculty, staff, and retirees will be affected during the migration. Employees will have access to their FSU email during the winter break, but there will be periodic service interruptions during the transition process.
Completion of this strategic initiative, by January 2, 2012, will result in the following benefits:
- Unified accessibility allowing users to centrally manage email, calendar(s), and contacts on laptops/desktops, mobile devices, and via web browsers.
- Standardization of mailbox size/storage at 1GB
- Shared calendaring features for all FSU employees
- Provides a unified address book for all email clients, including mobile devices.
- Improved webmail user interface that provides a rich user experience on the major browser platforms (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari)
- Enhanced support for Mac email clients
On December 23rd, mobile devices using the imap.fsu.edu server will still receive FSU email service, but mobile devices that are currently using other server addresses must be reconfigured to use the University’s new exchange.fsu.edu server address.
Additional information, configuration support and FAQs are available at /Exchange. For further assistance, please generate a case by logging into the FSU Service Center or submitting an email. Please include "Exchange 2010 Migration" in the subject line. You can also call the IT Service Desk at 644-HELP (4357).