The Technology Assessment is an all-inclusive approach to evaluating potential changes to information systems at FSU. The assessment process results in a recommendation regarding adoption of the change and suggestions, if necessary, about how to tailor the change to best fit into FSU’s overall technical architecture.
Proposals are evaluated against FSU’s technical architecture guiding principles: Standards Based, Strategic, Scalable, Reliable, Usable, Maintainable, and Secure.
The review process will ensure that the chosen solution:
- is aligned with other technology at the university
- fits into our technology strategic roadmap
- will meet organizational and operational requirements
- will be compliant with security, privacy, and data standards
- will ensure any additional considerations have been addressed, including the Total Cost of Ownership