While every effort has been made to enable mobile devices to access the university's Wi-Fi, not all mobile devices are compatible, and some may require a special configuration. Here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot common problems with campus Wi-Fi:
- Make sure you have chosen to connect to one of the following networks:
- FSUSecure - FSU students, faculty and staff
- FSUGuest - FSU guests
- eduroam - non-FSU students, faculty and staff visiting from other eduroam campuses
- Wait a few seconds for the signal on your device to improve before you try accessing anything.
- Set the device's power saver settings to "Maximum Performance" not "Maximum Battery." NOTE: Changing this setting can have a significant impact on battery life.
- FSUGuest only - If you are not automatically directed to the Wi-Fi login page, open a Web browser and go to wireless.fsu.edu.
- FSUGuest only - Stay active, or the wireless system may drop your connection if you are inactive for 10 or more minutes.
Follow the links below for specific setup instructions:
If you need additional help, contact the ITS Service Desk at 850-644-HELP(4357).