Wireless configuration for Windows 8
This document explains how to manually set up your Windows 8 device to use 'FSUSecure' authenticated wireless network.
NOTE: If you have already set up FSUSecure and are having difficulties logging in follow these steps to remove your FSUSecure network and then follow the steps below to set it back up.
1. From the Start screen, hover your mouse cursor over the upper-right corner to open the Charms Bar
2. Click Settings within the Charms Bar
3. Click the Wireless icon
4. Click FSUSecure Wireless and then click the Connect button.
- Be sure the 'Connect Automatically' checkbox is checked so your device reconnects to the network in the future. If you do not see any networks available, be sure that Airplane Mode is turned off. Also, make sure you are in an area on campus where Wi-Fi is available.
5. The device will now prompt you to enter your credentials. Enter your FSU username and password to authenticate (Students enter firstname.lastname@example.org - Faculty/Staff enter email@example.com). Click OK
6. Click 'Connect' to accept the authentication certificate
7. You should now be connected to the FSUScure Wireless network. Open your browser to access the web.
8. Verify settings. To ensure that you are connecting to FSU hold your finger on the word FSUSecure (see image above) for several seconds and let go. A window should pop up with options of:
- Hide estimated data usage
- Set as metered connection
- Forget this network
- View connection properties
Select "view connection properties"
9. Under the Connection tab(make sure Connect automatically when the network is in range is checked). Next click the Security tab.
10. Confirm Security type: WPA2-Enterprise and Encryption type:AES. Next, click the button Settings
11. Check Validate server certificate
- Check Connect to these servers:, insert in the text box auth.its.fsu.edu
- Under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, Check the following
- AddTrust External CA Root
- COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA (if available)
- Under Select Authentication Method, check Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
12. Click Configure button
13. Uncheck the box that says, Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
14. Click OK, then OK to return to the FSUSecure Wireless Properties and Click OK to exit out of rest of screens. You should now be configured properly for FSUSecure wireless network.