Chances are, you have lots of important files stored on your computer: email, research papers, financial documents, photos and more. Although ITS backs up and protects some files, there is a lot of data on computers that isn't backed up. If your computer crashed today, what would you lose?
Information Technology Services' desktop backup service is a simple and worry-free way to protect important files. Backed up data is stored in a secure, remote location for safekeeping, making it easy to restore lost data. In fact, it's never been easier to keep data safe.
- Cloud-based - recover your data from anywhere on any device
- Automatic backups - backups run regularly, without any interruption to the user
- Multiple devices - set up backups to run on up to three different computers per account
- Unlimited storage - back up all files, including large audio and video files
Desktop Backup for University Use
Desktop backup licenses are available for purchase by all Florida State University departments at a low annual cost of $40.15 per license, billed monthly. To request a license for a university computer, please work with your department IT or budget manager. To place an order, submit a TSR form and choose Software Licensing under Other ITS Services.
Desktop Backup for Personal Use
Florida State University students, faculty and staff receive 2GB of free desktop backup storage, plus 20% off their initial order of additional storage for personal devices when they order the service on the Mozy website and use the promo code: FSU20. Order now
How To Guides
- Schedule a backup (Video)
- Change when backups run
- View backed up files
- Automatically choose files to back up - Windows | Mac
- Manually choose files to back up
- Change performance settings (bandwidth throttling)
- Restore file from a backup - Windows | Mac