Connect, communicate and collaborate with the click of a button. It's that simple.
With Skype for Business (Lync), it’s easy to stay connected at work and on the go. This university-wide communications platform, also known as Lync on Mac and mobile devices, allows faculty and staff to communicate and collaborate in real-time with other FSU employees. Students are also able to collaborate with other students. All of this can be accomplished via:
- Instant messaging - Send quick messages to an individual or group
- Audio and video calls - Share audio and/or video with two or more participants
- Desktop sharing - Share your screen and files with colleagues to collaborate and edit documents in real-time
- Web conferencing - Schedule an online meeting, complete with screen sharing, virtual whiteboards and polls
Skype for Business's easy-to-use interface and special features help save time in your day-to-day work.
- Presence - Real-time presence information shows who is online and if they are available
- Document sharing - Drag and drop documents directly into the message window for easy file sharing
- Conversation history - Saves all instant message conversations in your FSU email account for future reference
- Web App - Invite people outside of FSU to meetings with browser-based, available-anywhere access
Skype for Business or Lync?
Microsoft is currently rebranding Lync as Skype for Business. All versions work together seamlessly, but during the transition, you may see references to both names, depending on the device you are using (see chart below).
|Skype for Business||Windows, mobile devices|