Step 1. Click on File then click on the Account Settings button then select Account Settings
Step 2. Under the Account Settings window click the New... button
Step 3. Make sure E-mail Account is selected and then click the Next button. If you are using Outlook 2013, skip this step.
Step 4. Under the Add New Account window make sure Manually configure server settings or additional server types is selected and click the Next button
Step 5. Make sure Internet E-mail is selected and then click the Next button. In Outlook 2013, you should click POP or IMAP.
Step 6. Fill in the information as shown below:
- Your name: Your name here
- E-mail Address: FSUID@fsu.edu
- Account Type: Select IMAP from the drop down menu
- Incoming mail server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com
- User name: FSUID@fsu.edu
- Password: Your FSUID password
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if your FSUID does not match your primary email address you MUST use the format FSUID@fsu.edu.
Then select More Settings in the bottom right hand corner of the window.
Step 7. On the Internet E-mail Settings window click on the Advanced tab and fill out the information as shown below:
- Incoming server(IMAP): 993 and select SSL from the drop down menu
- Outgoing server(SMTP): 587 and select TLS from the drop down menu
On the Internet E-mail Settings window, click on the Outgoing Server tab. Select the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Click Ok.
Click OK and Outlook will test your settings to complete your email setup.