Mailing list/listserv services are provided through the use of the GNU Mailman software package. There is a web-based administrative interface for list administrators. Lists can be moderated or unmoderated. All e-mail going to the lists are scanned for viruses and spam prior to delivery. List members can self-register or be administrator-added, depending on the list configuration.
New lists may only be requested by full-time faculty/staff, and must support the mission of the University.*
To set up a mailing list (listserv), email a request for a New Mailing List, and include the following information:
- The Name that you would like the list to have:
- Should conform to internet email standards, containing only letters, numbers, and dashes or underscores.
- The list name will be used to create the list email address - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email address(es) of the owner(s):
- The owner(s) email address(es) must be in the fsu.edu domain.
*Student Organizations are not supported.