Everyone makes mistakes. But with FSU’s email protection services, if you accidentally click a malicious link, you'll still be protected. Email protection services help shield university employees and FSU data from email attacks by blocking access to malicious attachments and websites. Exchange Online Protection provides protection against spam and viruses. Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection provides enhanced protection against target attacks like phishing and ransomware. Used together, these services provide the greatest protection to email accounts, detecting and blocking identified threats or displaying a warning if someone clicks a malicious link. This first-line defense stops spam, viruses, phishing, ransomware and other unwanted messages, giving employees peace of mind that the attachments and websites they open are safe.
Proofpoint Implementation 2017
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection will be released to employees with ITS-provided email accounts during August 2017. View the schedule to see if you’re already protected or when your department is scheduled for implementation.
- Blocks millions of spam messages and email-borne viruses from ever reaching inboxes
- Provides ability to configure organization and domain level filtering rules
- Rewrites URLs to display a warning message if links are unsafe
- Uses static and dynamic techniques to detect the latest email threats
Departments must configure their MX records to point to the respective email protection service.
Proofpoint is available to ITS-provided email accounts using Office 365. List of ITS-Provided Email Domains
There is no charge for this service.
Request this Service
Email protection is automatically enabled on all ITS-provided employee email accounts using Office 365.
Email Message Limits
The following limits apply to every Office 365 email message:
- Message size* | Outlook: 35 MB; Outlook for Mac: 35 MB; OWA: 35 MB; Migration: 35 MB
- Subject length | 255 characters
- File attachments | 250 attachments
- File attachment size | Outlook: 35 MB; Outlook for Mac: 35 MB; OWA: 35 MB
- Multipart message | 250 parts
- Embedded message depth | 30 embedded messages
*Individual department email systems may have varying message size limits; please check with your department on their maximum message size limits.
Emails that exceed these limits will be bounced back to the sender with a "Message Size Violation" error message explaining the size limits.
A file attached in an email is usually larger than the original file due to encoding that is done during email transmission. For this reason, it is possible for an email with a specific sized attachment to exceed the maximum message size.
To share large attachments, please use FSU Dropbox.
Recipient and Sender Limits
The following limits apply to every office 365 email account:
- Messages received | 3,600 messages/hour
- Recipient rate | 10,000 recipients/day
- Recipients | 500 recipients
- Message rate | 30 messages/minute (SMTP client submission only)
Individuals who exceed these limits may be added to Microsoft's banned senders list, which means they can send email inside the organization, but are prohibited from sending anything outside of FSU. Visit the ITS Knowledge Base for information on how to request removal from Microsoft's banned senders list.
If your department needs to send emails that exceed the recipient and sender limits, please submit a whitelist request.
Attachment File Type Restrictions
Certain file types are considered potentially dangerous because they can contain executable programs or macros. These file types—.cmd, .exe .scr—are blocked. Visit the ITS Knowledge Base for a full list of restricted file types.
Submit a support request with the following information:
- Category: Faculty/Staff Services
- Specialty Type: Office 365