New enhanced myFSU email system
myFSU Migration announcement!
Information Technology Services has completed the student/alumni transition to the new enhanced myFSU email system (http://fsu.edu/myFSU). :
If you are a Student/Alumni and NOT an employee:
- On December 19th, 2011, the current JES system (webmail) will no longer forward messages for individuals who have activated their myFSU accounts. Only messages sent to the new @my.fsu.edu address will arrive in the myFSU mailbox.
- If a student/alumni has not activated their myFSU account, it will be created automatically on December 19th, 2011 but mail will not be migrated from the old account. Messages sent to the @fsu.edu address will be forwarded until January 25th, 2012 at which time that address will be deactivated and only messages sent to @my.fsu.edu addresses will arrive in the myFSU mailbox. (strongly suggest students/alumni elect to activate and select to migrate their mail before December 19th, 2011)
If you are a Student/Alumni AND an employee:
- On December 19th, 2011, the current JES system (webmail) will no longer forward messages sent to a student-style email address. Only messages sent to the new @my.fsu.edu address will arrive in the myFSU mailbox.
- If the myFSU account has not been activated, it will be created automatically on December 19th, 2011. No mail will be migrated to the myFSU mailbox.
- Remaining contents of the JES mailbox will be migrated to the employee's exchange account on December 23rd, 2011. See Exchange 2010 migration for details
To activate a myFSU account before December 19th, 2011, please visit http://fsu.edu/myFSU. Then click "Activate account" on the left-hand column and follow the instructions.
If you have any questions, concerns or need assistance, you can generate a case at FSU Service Center (http://servicecenter.fsu.edu/). Please include "myFSU" in the subject line. You can also call the IT Service Desk at 644-HELP (4357). Also note, the University will be observing Winter Break beginning Monday, December 26, 2011, through Monday, January 2, 2012. Support will be limited during this time.