IT Security Infobox
- Anti-Virus/Malware Software
- Awareness & Education
- Data Cleansing
- Forensic Investigation
- Incident Response & Reporting
- MS Windows Updates
- Privacy Resources
- Resources for SysAdmins
- Security Assessment Program
- System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP)
- US-CERT Cyber Awareness System
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Website Data Protection
Information Security and Privacy Office (ISPO)
Mike Russo is the Director of Information Security and Privacy and reports to the Provost and the Chief Information Officer.
The goal of the ISPO is to implement a framework of safeguards to protect FSU information technology resources and information, and ensure the University is able to meet its obligations in a manner respectful of individual privacy.
Our focus areas
- Risk Management,
- Security and Privacy Awareness and Outreach,
- Policy Development,
- Incident Management
With more than 50,000 students, faculty and staff, Florida State University (FSU) houses an abundance of critical and sensitive information. The safeguarding of this data and the technical infrastructure needed for processing and storage is vital to the continued viability and success of the University.
The FSU ISPO team is dedicated to its mission to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of FSU data to protect privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) entrusted to our University.
Contact the ISPO at Security@fsu.eduIT Security Documents:
- FSU Data Classification Guidelines
- Nexpose User Guide
- WSUS Updates
- IT Security and Privacy Incident Response and Reporting Procedures
- Guidelines for the Use of Personal Cloud Computing Services for University Business
- SCEP Information
- Suggested Contractual Provisions for the External Sharing of University Information Classified as Protected of Private