Northwest Regional Data Center (NWRDC) Account Management
Applications for administrative purposes are hosted by the Northwest Regional Data Center through the mainframe CICS service. They can only be accessed through a HostExplorer session with an official NWRDC User ID.
|Account Management||Password Requirements||Printer Setup|
- To request a NWRDC User ID or deactivate an existing ID, submit an Online Role Request in the eORR application for the FSU_NWRDC_ACCOUNT role
- Click here for a job aid on using the eORR application in OMNI
- If you are unable to use eORR for your request, please use the External Applications (Non-OMNI) Access Request Form
- To reset your password please call the ITS Service Center at (850) 644-HELP (4357)
- Password resets performed by the ITS Service Desk are only for user IDs with the prefix fs
- Detailed information is located in the Procedures for Application Security document.
The NWRDC ACF2 password requirements are detailed below:
- All Logon IDs are automatically translated to upper case
- All passwords are maintained in the case they were entered during the last change cycle, unless overridden for an individual Logon ID by the relevant Security Manager
- The minimum password length is 6 characters the maximum length is 8 characters
- At least 1 numeric character and at least 1 alpha character are required
- At least 1 upper case character and at least one lower case character are required, unless overridden for an individual Logon ID by the relevant Security Manager
- Two consecutive repeating characters are permitted; more than two consecutive repeating characters are not allowed.
- Five special characters are permitted but none are required. The five allowed special characters are: ! @ # $ %
- Six password violations on the same the day will automatically cause the logon ID to be suspended
When an attempt is made to change a password, these standards apply. New logon IDs would naturally be subject to this policy. Passwords that were created before these standards were established (June 7, 2013), will be verified using all upper case characters.
Reserved Word Prefix List
ACF2 passwords can NOT start with any of the following character strings (the test is case insensitive, see last example below:
Password Re-use Policy
ACF2 has been configured to prevent a new password from matching any of the previous ten passwords for any particular user.
A password cannot start with one of the reserved words identified by NWRDC as “too common to be secure”. Some examples of non-allowed passwords are:
- AAABc3 - too many repeating A's
- ACdXYZ - no numeric character
- 3847223 - no alpha character
- mylcpa55 – no upper case character
- MYUCPA55 – no lower case character
- AbC2 - less than 6 characters
- JuNE2012 – matches JUNE in reserved prefix list.
Remote printers are defined to NWRDC for routing print within CICS. These remote printers must have a network card and an assigned static IP address. They also must have port 515 open and available to the following network addresses:
To request a new printer definition, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- User Name
- User NWRDC logon ID
- Printer location (building and room)
- Printer IP address