The following is a list of countries that are blocked by our Long Distance Carrier.
If you wish to have any of these countries unblocked, please enter an Order. Since countries cannot be unblocked on an individual basis, all countries will be unblocked, therefore please be diligent in preventing calling card fraud. It is your responsibility for any fraud charges incurred.
Tips for Preventing Calling Card Fraud
- Make sure no one is watching you enter your calling card number or listening as you give your number to an operator. If a "shoulder surfer" sees or hears you enter your card number and PIN (Personal Identification Number) on a pay phone, you may become the next victim of fraud. Block the view of the keypad and speak directly into the phone. When possible, use a phone that reads your card automatically.
- Do not use your calling card as an identification card. Use your driver's license or some other form of ID.
- Memorize your calling card and PIN number. Select a PIN that you can easily remember. Ask that your PIN not be printed on your card.
- Beware of anyone who calls you requesting calling card verification. Telephone companies will NEVER call you to ask for your calling card number. Give out your card number ONLY when placing a call through an operator.
- If you do not make international calls, request a calling card for domestic use only.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately. Notify your calling card provider the moment you suspect your calling card has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
|Country Name||Country Code||Domestic|
|United Arab Emirates||971|