Emergency Blue Light Telephones (EBLT)
The Blue Light Trail consists of over 400 strategically placed light poles equipped with emergency speaker phones and topped with strobe lights. If you are threatened, see anything suspicious or require any type of police assistance quickly, just push the emergency button to be connected with the FSU Police dispatcher.
The Emergency Phone Fee, added to each phone line, is used to cover the cost incurred for maintaining the Blue Lights and other emergency notification systems.
1. Look for a blue light.
The blue light identifies the location of the emergency phone.
2. Press the Emergency Phone button (No dialing is necessary)
A strobe light will flash and you will be connected to the University Police Department.
***Note the locations of the blue light telephones as you move about the campus. You may never need to use one, but you should be aware of their locations.
Reporting a Problem
To report a problem with a blue light phone, contact the Facilities Customer Service Center by phone at 850-644-2424. Provide the blue light tower number.
(This number is posted at the top of the bluelight phone, for example: E073)
- Recovered - DO NOT DELETE
- FSUID Account Management
- About Us
- Service Catalog
- - Classroom Technology
- Alarm Systems for Facilities
- Building/Area Access Systems
- Building Wiring for Voice, Video, & Data
- Building Wiring Standards for Construction...
- Pager Devices & Plans
- Directory Assistance
- Conference Calling
- Elevator/Residence Hall Entrance Telephones
- Emergency Blue Light Telephones (EBLT)
- Telephone Services
- Video Conferencing
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Blackboard Login Help
- Collaboration Service
- Computer Labs
- Computer Repair Center
- Data and Reporting Services
- Database Services
- Desktop Support
- Document Management
- FSU Card
- Guest Access to University Computing Resou...
- ITS-Service Desk
- Mainframe (NWRDC) Support Services
- Password & Username Assistance
- Research and Development
- Secure Apps Adminstration
- Server Hosting
- Web Site Hosting – Microsoft Windows Inter...
- IT Security
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Software Managemen...
- Computing Security
- Firewall Implementation and Management
- IT Security
- IT Security
- IT Security Awareness & Education
- IT Security Awareness Education
- Intrusion Monitoring and Prevention
- SSL Encryption Certificates
- Security Assessment Program
- Security Incident Response and Reporting
- System Administration Security
- - Network
- - Public Safety
- - Software
- - Storage
- - Web Services
- ITS Service Center
- - Departments/Vendors
- - Employees
- - Students
- ITS Policies & Guidelines
- Student Technology Fee
- Student Orientation 2011