New Public-Events Calendar Debuts
04/16/2012 11:38 am
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Florida State University has launched a new public events calendar. Synchronizing with department calendars and adding events to calendars is now a streamlined process.
The new calendar offers greater functionality as it ties in with the university's email system (Microsoft Exchange), mobile app (FSU Mobile), and web content management system (eZ Publish). The calendar also allows sharing of events through social media and provides email alerts when events are changed.
The team of university stakeholders, led by ITS Director Ken Johnson, determined criteria for the new calendar system and evaluated several systems to meet the needs of the university community. The project was funded by government stimulus funds for 2010-2011.
Departments can promote events from their calendars to the university key events calendar, which shows highlighted university events.
For more information on requesting a department calendar go to http://its.fsu.edu/events.
To view the new university calendar, go to http://calendar.fsu.edu.
To find out more about FSU Mobile, go to http://its.fsu.edu/mobile.
- Holiday Luncheon
- FSUID Account Management
- About Us
- Featured Projects
- Service Catalog
- - Classroom Technology
- Building/Area Access Systems
- Building Wiring for Voice, Video, & Data
- Building Wiring Standards for Construction...
- Pager Devices & Plans
- Directory Assistance
- Elevator/Residence Hall Entrance Telephones
- Emergency Blue Light Telephones (EBLT)
- Telephone Services
- Video Conferencing
- Collaboration Service
- Computer Labs
- Computer Repair Center
- Computing Technology Support
- Data and Reporting Services
- Database Services
- Document Management
- FSU Card
- Guest Access to University Computing Resou...
- ITS-Service Desk
- Information Technology Assessment
- Mainframe (NWRDC) Support Services
- Research and Development
- Secure Apps Adminstration
- Server Hosting
- IT Security
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Software Managemen...
- Computing Security
- Firewall Implementation and Management
- IT Security
- IT Security Awareness & Education
- Intrusion Monitoring and Prevention
- Microsoft Windows Software Update Service
- SSL Encryption Certificates
- Security Assessment Program
- Security Incident Response and Reporting
- System Administration Security
- Web Site Data Protection
- - Network
- - Public Safety
- - Software
- - Storage
- - Web Services
- ITS Service Desk
- - Departments
- - Employees
- - Students
- ITS Policies & Guidelines
- Student Technology Fee
- Student Orientation 2011