New Public-Events Calendar Debuts
04/16/2012 11:38 am
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Florida State University has launched a new public events calendar. Synchronizing with department calendars and adding events to calendars is now a streamlined process.
The new calendar offers greater functionality as it ties in with the university's email system (Microsoft Exchange), mobile app (FSU Mobile), and web content management system (eZ Publish). The calendar also allows sharing of events through social media and provides email alerts when events are changed.
The team of university stakeholders, led by ITS Director Ken Johnson, determined criteria for the new calendar system and evaluated several systems to meet the needs of the university community. The project was funded by government stimulus funds for 2010-2011.
Departments can promote events from their calendars to the university key events calendar, which shows highlighted university events.
For more information on requesting a department calendar go to http://its.fsu.edu/events.
To view the new university calendar, go to http://calendar.fsu.edu.
To find out more about FSU Mobile, go to http://its.fsu.edu/mobile.
- FSUID Account Management
- About Us
- Recovered - DO NOT DELETE
- Featured Project
- Service Catalog
- - Classroom Technology
- Alarm Systems for Facilities
- Building/Area Access Systems
- Building Wiring for Voice, Video, & Data
- Building Wiring Standards for Construction...
- Pager Devices & Plans
- Directory Assistance
- Conference Calling
- Elevator/Residence Hall Entrance Telephones
- Emergency Blue Light Telephones (EBLT)
- Telephone Services
- Video Conferencing
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Blackboard Login Help
- Collaboration Service
- Computer Labs
- Computer Repair Center
- Data and Reporting Services
- Database Services
- Desktop Support
- Document Management
- FSU Card
- Guest Access to University Computing Resou...
- ITS-Service Desk
- Mainframe (NWRDC) Support Services
- Password & Username Assistance
- Research and Development
- Secure Apps Adminstration
- Server Hosting
- Web Site Hosting – Microsoft Windows Inter...
- IT Security
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Software Managemen...
- Computing Security
- Firewall Implementation and Management
- IT Security
- IT Security
- IT Security Awareness & Education
- IT Security Awareness Education
- Intrusion Monitoring and Prevention
- SSL Encryption Certificates
- Security Assessment Program
- Security Incident Response and Reporting
- System Administration Security
- - Network
- - Public Safety
- - Software
- - Storage
- - Web Services
- ITS Service Center
- - Departments/Vendors
- - Employees
- - Students
- ITS Policies & Guidelines
- Student Technology Fee
- Student Orientation 2011